Splitter & Kerf Thickness

So, I finally went ahead and ordered the Biesemeyer Splitter for my TS. This splitter can only be used with blades that make a kerf of at least 1/8 inch - no thin kerf blades allowed

Now I'm looking for recommendations for good blades (combination as well as dedicated crosscut or rip) that have a full 1/8 inch kerf and that are on the cheap side, for everyday use. (I try to reserve WWII for special cuts.) It seems that more and more blades now are less than the full 1/8 inch thick, even if they are not labelled as

*thin kerf*.

So, any recommendations for good 1/8" thick blades that run in the neighborhood of $50.

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken

Freud makes an excellent blade in that price range. Also just read an article where DeWalt set out to make a Forrest killer but didn't quite make the mark. Price was $52 and the reviewer said it was very close to Forrest cut quality. That may be the flavor of the week to check out.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

I like Systematic and DML or DMT- I keep forgetting the exact initials. They and my old Milwaukee Miter Saw blade which is standard kerf have kept me going. Also my Makita standard kerfg ripping. I bought some of Lee Valley's on a whim (stupid) and they are awesome! Especially since they are "cheap" Chinese=Avenger brand.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Hi Ken,

I use the Freud Super Dooper whatever they call it (Diablo I think with the laser cut stress relief thingees). I have both a 30T rip blade and an 80T cross cut blade. Love them both :)

Oh, and I just won a Sawyer 50T Combo blade from Woodcraft last weekend (first time I've ever won anything) and I'm going to use that for my MDF cutting to save my other blades' carbide edges.

Have fun! Mike

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Ken) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Ridge Carbide has excellent blades but a little more than the price you stated - well worth it as I have been very happy with them

(I have no affiliation with them - saw them at a show last year and know others using their blades) Steve

Reply to
Steve