Some cnc work:

This is kinda fun for me:

Robatoy

I have precisely zero experience with CNC. How long did it take to carve out that Celtic cross?

RicodJour

About 2 hours. It's HDU so the tool speed is reasonably fast. It took longer to paint.

Reply to
Robatoy

Wow. That's some kind of fast. Looks great, BTW. Oh, one more thing while I've got you on the line. I must have missed your post where you invited all wRECkers to your new pub. The subject line was probably "Drinks Are On Me!" or something like that. Would you mind posting that again so I could print out the coupon? Thanks.

RicodJour

It's composed like there's a story in there, just waiting to be told.

You may be in the wrong business, Bro! ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Mmmmm... looking at it objectively... it _does_ have a fair bit of that.... it could have been a frame in Life In A Day....

Reply to
Robatoy

I heard he's doing a mail order special for those who can't be there, where he sends them a free bottle of single-malt--a reprint on the coupon for that would be cool too, way better than Harbor Freight coupons.

Reply to
DGDevin

Photoshop in a Campbell's Soup can on the wall and you/we could retire.

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
RicodJour

What's the sign made of?

Is that for one of the new Banana Bars in Sarnia?

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The cross is one piece of HDU 1-1/2" thick. The sign back is MDO, the letters Corian. The building anno 1880 brick.

Reply to
Robatoy

Youngest son just ordered a CNC Tormach model 1100. Will be interested to see it work. WW

Reply to
WW

What do you do for swarf collection and disposal, Toy?

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A 1400 CFM single canister DC running a dedicated 4" line to the spindle.

Here is an example of the effectiveness at removing a 1/8" cut with a

1" bit off a slab of walnut (used as a jointer in this application)
I cut many materials, the bag on the DC looks like sand-art. It goes out with my dumpster.

I will be planing a lot of cherry soon, and I let the curlz land on the floor. I sweep them up and bag them to be used as bedding by a Doberman breeder. (btw.. his dogs are bred for friendly temperament and are the most affectionate, sweetest dogs you can wish for...they don't look the part though...)

Reply to
Robatoy

That DC sounds pretty loud, kinda like the router bit. Whatcha running? My Grizzly 1029 is really quiet. Got a HEPA bag on top yet?

Hey, it might sell on eBay. Ever tried?

Dobies are cool dogs, for dogs.