Sold on Zinsser BIN !!!!!

Page 2 of 3

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish modern? I think you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission, but then in light wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally affected whatever disorder that she has a touch of.
--
Best regards
Han

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Metropolitan.
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:57:38 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Oh, so get her a lamp and build whatever you want, Han. <snort> http://goo.gl/djmDC or http://goo.gl/oyeyo
Or Manhattan Dollars: http://goo.gl/R7YUB or http://goo.gl/XBi98

Yeah, those metropolitans can be a tough audience, wot? ;)
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus
message

LJ:
Seems to me the ladies are often on a mission...of contradiction. See, you're already verging on traction alopecia getting it second hand.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
Epictetus?!? Try Seneca. No, he's not a pharmaceutical. That's Astroseneca. Or something close to it. He's the guy who makes you see starz.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:01:04 -0700, Edward Hennessey wrote:

oh hell, Ed, Han, and LJ, I can usually follow a conversation, but after drinking a quart of potent muscadine wine and listening to the entire "OH brother, where art thou" sound track, you three have confused the hell out of me, possibly I'll try again in the morning and it will all make sense, (Not).
basilisk

nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com:

There is no need when love is part of the equation.
--
Best regards
Han

Ed used the "W" word. It/they will never make sense to us. After that, I let the "traction alopecia" float on by, unacknowledged. Try it, you'll like it!
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus
On 3/27/2011 12:44 AM, basilisk wrote:

A more noble pursuit can not be embarked upon ... verily.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:55:15 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Oh, it was great until I had to up at daylight to bath and powder dogs for visitors I had coming from Tampa, it took me a few minutes to get up to full speed.
basilisk

B:
My secret admiration for your cybernym has not been faint. But I have never felt more fraternally in awe than at your conjuring the image of a Basilisk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk) stone shellacked (in the slang sense of the last word). After that vision, the 3' stuffed iguana from a Mexican vacation seemed little adornment on my mantle. Your dedication to staying on topic wins cheers.
As to the gang of three, LJ will look up the overpassed phrase and see he is doing Delilah's work; Han should winter out West and I'll go back to eating oranges proved organic by stipples of local scale insects which, fortunately, aren't equipped to make shellac. If you ever feel game, you might try pomegranate wine with gooseberry pie. That will make you stand up and petrify.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:08:34 -0700, Edward Hennessey wrote:

Thanks, I think :), I have had pomegranate wine, they grow well around here. Never had gooseberry pie though.
I'm not all that good at staying on topic but I do stay away from religion and politics for the most part.
I've had to quit turning people to stone, the locals were getting curious about where all the statues were coming from.
Basilisk

B:
Thanks, I think :), I have had pomegranate wine, they grow well

Great for kids fragging white shirts or adults blowing up skulls. Makes sense both ways with a crosscut look at a pomegranate (pome(fruit)granate(having grains) cf. "pommel") said to having been the inspiration for the term "handgrenade".
Never had gooseberry pie though.
There are different things called "gooseberry". If you get the tart, pea-sized, light green one, you have come to the mountain. When a bite of that pie not saturated with sugar glop first hit me, I stood up. Might be a good idea to pass slices out just before the end of any speech you're forced to give.

Amen and right on.

Oh. Couldn't you say you were a sculptor?
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:01:04 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"

I'm proud of my hermitlike existence since it shelters me from this type of challenge, of duality in life. Thanks for the heads-up, Ed.
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

I went through the same back and forth motions, Larry ... I love her, but sometimes can't follow her reasoning. Now off to Mohonk for lunch ...
--
Best regards
Han

Wimmenfolk. Put up pictures and ask whether or not they like it. Then, and only then, you build it, eh?
-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

I like that line. We had a great time at Mohonk - it's a grand old resort on top of a "mountain" near New Paltz, NY. Some pictures to follow. Wood content present but of dubious woodworker quality.
--
Best regards
Han

OH:
It makes a catchy acronym: SAD. My memory for the articles seen on this is sketchy but therapeutic high points that did stick were exposure to polarized light, vitamin D and vigorous excercise before the first meal of the day. Control experiments on the last point associated the practice with weight control benefits significantly more impressive than excercise at other times.
Whether any of these approaches have been debunked, sustained or superceded by alternatives will arise in your inquiry.
Maybe you could teach her woodworking....
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

In our case, it never was too bad, and further medical discussion is not appropriate. Suffice it to say that it /can/ be very bad, and indeed exposure to intense light of rather low wavelengths helps a lot. But who really has time for a half hour or more each morning just sitting in a "tanning booth"-like environment?
--
Best regards
Han