Sold on Zinsser BIN !!!!!

A final polish with swirl remover a week after letting the shellac cure saves you the spiriting off step and won't burn through due to momentarily not paying attention.

Reply to
Father Haskell

What furniture style does she prefer, Han? Danish modern? I think you mentioned something about blonde wood a few weeks back.

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, Larry, she prefers something like that or Mission, but then in light wood. Let there be light, especially for the seasonally affected whatever disorder that she has a touch of.

Reply to
Han

But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.)

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Robatoy

OH:

It makes a catchy acronym: SAD. My memory for the articles seen on this is sketchy but therapeutic high points that did stick were exposure to polarized light, vitamin D and vigorous excercise before the first meal of the day. Control experiments on the last point associated the practice with weight control benefits significantly more impressive than excercise at other times.

Whether any of these approaches have been debunked, sustained or superceded by alternatives will arise in your inquiry.

Maybe you could teach her woodworking....

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

LJ:

Seems to me the ladies are often on a mission...of contradiction. See, you're already verging on traction alopecia getting it second hand.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Epictetus?!? Try Seneca. No, he's not a pharmaceutical. That's Astroseneca. Or something close to it. He's the guy who makes you see starz.

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

oh hell, Ed, Han, and LJ, I can usually follow a conversation, but after drinking a quart of potent muscadine wine and listening to the entire "OH brother, where art thou" sound track, you three have confused the hell out of me, possibly I'll try again in the morning and it will all make sense, (Not).

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I went through the same back and forth motions, Larry ... I love her, but sometimes can't follow her reasoning. Now off to Mohonk for lunch ...

Reply to
Han

basilisk wrote in news:C8Ajp.710337$Ua4.666182@en- nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com:

There is no need when love is part of the equation.

Reply to
Han

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in news:xa-dnUfvssKfXhPQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

In our case, it never was too bad, and further medical discussion is not appropriate. Suffice it to say that it /can/ be very bad, and indeed exposure to intense light of rather low wavelengths helps a lot. But who really has time for a half hour or more each morning just sitting in a "tanning booth"-like environment?

Reply to
Han

Oh, so get her a lamp and build whatever you want, Han.

or
Manhattan Dollars:
or
> But it _was_ a Mission piece. (Larry vigorously scratches his head.) > >Metropolitan.

Yeah, those metropolitans can be a tough audience, wot? ;)

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm proud of my hermitlike existence since it shelters me from this type of challenge, of duality in life. Thanks for the heads-up, Ed.

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ed used the "W" word. It/they will never make sense to us. After that, I let the "traction alopecia" float on by, unacknowledged. Try it, you'll like it!

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wimmenfolk. Put up pictures and ask whether or not they like it. Then, and only then, you build it, eh?

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No booth required. See my other post for portables and desktops as well as floor models.

While you read the paper, work on your laptop, or eat breakfast? EVERYONE HAS TIME. _Especially_ if the doctor ordered it.

P.S: I'll develop a waterproof model for the shower. I'll get rich!

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

art thou" soundtrack,

A more noble pursuit can not be embarked upon ... verily.

Reply to
Swingman

B:

My secret admiration for your cybernym has not been faint. But I have never felt more fraternally in awe than at your conjuring the image of a Basilisk

stone shellacked (in the slang sense of the last word). After that vision, the 3' stuffed iguana from a Mexican vacation seemed little adornment on my mantle. Your dedication to staying on topic wins cheers.

As to the gang of three, LJ will look up the overpassed phrase and see he is doing Delilah's work; Han should winter out West and I'll go back to eating oranges proved organic by stipples of local scale insects which, fortunately, aren't equipped to make shellac. If you ever feel game, you might try pomegranate wine with gooseberry pie. That will make you stand up and petrify.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I like that line. We had a great time at Mohonk - it's a grand old resort on top of a "mountain" near New Paltz, NY. Some pictures to follow. Wood content present but of dubious woodworker quality.

Reply to
Han

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My daughter had it worse. I built her a frame with 4 fluorescent tubes (growlights? I don't remember) some 18 years ago. Don't know whether it really worked, but it got her out of bed a bit earlier and contemplating the day at college (she was away from home).

Reply to
Han