Small Portable Air Compressor

I would like to purchase a small air compressor to run my nailer gun. I have looked at some of them but they are fairly large and heavy. I have seen some very small ones and wondered if they worked okay. What brand and where is the best place to purchase them?
Thanks
Bill
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm of the opinion that most small compressors are essentially the same. There's the pancake type, the hotdog type, the vertical canister type. At lower horsepower and smaller canister capacity you're limitation is what you can do with them. They aren't designed for continuous capacity like an air operated sander might use.
I've got the hotdog type. It has a three gallon capacity with and run by a one horsepower motor. I use it for my Porter Cable FN250 nail gun and to fill the tires on my wheelchair. It's five years old and has done everything I've asked it to do. Of course, I haven't asked it to do very much, but it's fine for my needs.
Add pictures here
βœ–
The main difference in the small compressors is how they are lubricated. The inexpensive ones are oil-less and the more heavy duty ones are oil lubricated. The ones that use oil have a higher duty cycle and are designed for significant use. If you are only an occasional user, the little pancake ones should be fine.
Dave

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:19:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Bill Smith) wrote:

I have a small compressor I am selling on eBay. It is currently $25 plus shipping. It will easily run a nailer gun. The bidding closes soon however. If you can pick it up in Chapel Hill, NC then you can eliminate shipping costs. 2HP, 4 Gallon Pancake Compressor with Warranty <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemC51297283&ssPageName ­ME:L:DS:US:8>
TWS
Add pictures here
βœ–