Sleeping with your framer ...

Actually, there is a great deal that is heartwarming in the way these two work in concert. Watch the gable raising video and notice the coordination in even the smallest details ... not a wasted motion!
http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/08/12/raising-gable-walls /
This is beautiful in more ways than one.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

WOW! Didn't need tolookat the videos.
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/14/2011 10:43 AM, Han wrote:

Having been involved in erecting a number of second story walls myself as a youngster, this really spoke to me. I was on the edge of my seat as the gable end went up.
... I also have a touch of acrophobia, even in photos, and as bad in videos as in being there. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I can imagine it ..

Then I'm glad I didn't watch. Didn't have acrophobia as a kid, but now I'm just a tad older ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/14/11 12:52 PM, Han wrote:

http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca /
--
Froz...

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:00:43 -0400, FrozenNorth

I usually don't mind heights if there's a solid footing and/or a decent railing around it. I've hung my head over 1,000' cliffs, but I've done it lying down. I looked over the railing on the top of the Empire State Building without a care in the world.
But that railless edge walk is just OUT THERE. No thanks. ;)
-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 8/14/11 1:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

--
Froz...

On 8/14/2011 12:41 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

I could do that if I had to, but it is not entertainment I would pay for!
First half of my tour in RVN was as a Forward Observer with ARVN Ranger battalion. When things got interesting it was sometimes was necessary for me to call in fire missions from both the ground and air in the same day. When I needed to get from the ground into a helicopter quickly and the terrain was not conducive to a normal landing, such as in triple canopy jungle, the SOP was to "extract" me via harness and line from the LZ, then "insert" me, which was shorthand for me rappelling back down to the unit on the ground ... either way I made a pretty good target.
And neither trip was not my idea of entertainment, even being paid (after a fashion) to do it .
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

It al in the head. Can you walk down the hallway and stay inside of the 9" tiles? Sure. Now lift hem up a foot. Sure I can do it easily. Now try five feet. OK, Done. Now try 20 feet. Are you nuts?
On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:00:43 -0400, FrozenNorth

Wonder if it's wheelchair accessible? VBG!
On 8/14/2011 12:00 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Now I would love to do that!
--
Robert Allison
New Braunfels, TX
FrozenNorth wrote the following:

I've been to the top of the Skylon Tower at Niagara Falls (note to passengers. Do not place items on the window sill). Also to the top of the Empire State Building when I was a kid. Never did get to the top of the WTC towers.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message

http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca /
================= Nice of those Canucks to let you back in.
"Tickets are $175* and include keepsake video, photos, certificate of achievement and re-entry to CN Tower. You will also receive a Total Tower Experience Ticket which includes access to Look Out, Glass Floor, Sky Pod, Movie and Motion Theatre Ride**."
--
Eric

On 8/14/2011 10:36 AM, Swingman wrote:

When I read the title I was picturing you and your framer....

...and you wondered why he's never made a pass at you? <gd&r>
-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
On 8/14/2011 9:55 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah! I do recall how impressed he was with his framer and his crew. They were old school IIRC and could to TS stuff with their circular saws.

Having just helped a cow-orker build a 12'x16' shed this weekend, what keeps the gable from sliding off the edge?
On Aug 14, 7:58pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

They nailed straps at the bottom - first video - during initial construction. The straps act as a hinge, when lifting the wall, and keeps the wall from sliding off the edge. Looks like they positioned the "hinges" so that the wall lifts right into proper placement.
Sonny

Thank you. With my Internet connection it's painful to watch videos. I looked at the final one (couldn't see the straps) but not those before.