simple deception:

I found that making simple, I thought ,boxes no matter what size requires extreme accuracy for them to fit together properly.
Sal
On 8/8/2012 11:22 AM, sal wrote:

Ummmm isn't that true with anything? Perhaps you should say that building boxes correctly is not as simple as it looks. ;~)
That's absolutely correct. The next finding, is that traditional features like molding and decorative cuts, as well as lots of traditional construction details, are workarounds for misfit joinery, as well as normal wear and tear. The 'close fitting drawer' of November is the stuck drawer of April, after all. Unless you fitted a guide rail and left the drawer sides loose...