silverware tray design

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (in snipped-for-privacy@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com) said:
| Morris Dovey wrote: || I just finished building a CNC router with a |||| tilting Z-axis.... || I took a quick photo of the tilted spindle when I got to the shop || this morning. | | Morris- | | what is the router motor on that machine?
It's a super-inexpensive (~$20) 1/4" trim router from HF. The trim routers and speed controls went on sale just as I was starting the project, so I picked up a pair of each for testing (I figured that I'd burn 'em up post-haste; but haven't succeeded in killing the first yet.)
On a related note, the 1/4" to 1/8" adaptors that I ordered from Router Bit World back on April 17th finally showed up this past week. The price was good; but the delivery time left a lot to be desired. I ordered a PC part and received Amana, so they may have had a supplier problem; but I wish they hadn't left me hanging...
At least now I can chuck up the 1/8"-shanked bits for some of the more intricate cutting. The picture I posted to ABPW shows a (long) 1/4" bit - but 1/8" (and smaller) bits will produce _much_ better results.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/JBot.html