Silly Table Top Question

Not really.

When did I say the top was made of wood?

Reply to
stoutman

Not really.

When did I say the top was made of wood?

Reply to
stoutman

*THAT* one! It's obvious by looking at it.

(I've got astigmatism -- things which *are* square, don't _look_ it. :)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Sheesh! *NOW* I know how to respond. The answer to "What direction should the grain run?" depends on the grain.

Wheat is best running west to east. Barley is best running east to west. Oats look best running north to south. Corn appears best going south to north. Sorghum's preferred orientation is right to left. For millet, it's left to right. Rice, back to front. and rye, front to back.

*UNLESS* you're running a circular irrigation system, that is. In which case _all_ are best "from the center out".
Reply to
Robert Bonomi

By convention, the side-to-side axis. It's to do with perspective. If you look at a square table, you see the front-to-back distance as being foreshortened.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Haw...I did think about this after I hit the "send" button. In that case, I would suggest putting the top so the grain either runs left to right across the side with a drawer, or, as I suggested in another post, make a double book-match, so you have four triangles of grain, each running out from the center. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt