Shop-vac: a gloat

Yesterday I found a 20 gallon, 6 hp Shop-vac with hose in the dumpster behind the local shopping area. I brought it home, cleaned it up, emptied the body, put in a bag and started it up. It works POIFECT. Good strong suction and no holes.
Agki
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:33:44 GMT, "Agki Strodon"

you <and your vac too> suck!

Oh man, I hate your guts. Congratulations.
---Scott Burright (owner of a Ridgid wet-dry vac that he bought at slightly under retail)
PS: *hatred*

After you emptied the body, did you call the authorities?

emptied
strong
Authorities on what?
Agki

That body that you emptied out. I suspect the vacuum was thrown away with the body inside to hide the evidence.
It was only a 20 gallon vac. Maybe it was Joey Peeps. As Paulie said ""Joey peeps? Couldn't have been too much to clean up."

You know, he probably completely ruined someone's day before getting to the shop-vac they "threw out" before they could.

Dave, you hit it on the head.
Along similar lines, does anybody know why street derelicts hide their bottles in paper bags when they're out drinking in public places?

Yeah, they are not hiding their bottles, that bag is what they can afford in the way of a Koozie.
No, its to hide the amount of hooch left in the bottle from the other derelicts. A full liter bottle of MD 20/20 might be worth the risk of an assault, a nearly empty bottle isn't.

in

How would you know this?
I asked. The guy I asked seemed like he should know.

an
Actually, I think it's because, if you're minding your own business, not causing trouble, and drinking out of a paper bag, the police, generally speaking, wouldn't technically have the right to search your bag to see if you're drinking in public. For a warrantless search, you would need at least some reasonably articulable, individualized suspicion that searching the guy would reveal some evidence of a crime.
Of course, of the guy looks intoxicated, acts intoxicated, etc., that's probably enough to satisfy that requirement, and allow a warrantless search, and so any officer who did look in the bag would likely later indicate that he did so based on his suspicion that the guy was drinking because he looked intoxicated, regardless of whether that was true or not.
Easier to just live in Vegas where you can drink on the street legally . . .

re: finding a good vac in the trash: I used to have great luck with salvaging computers, electronics and such, but I no longer work in Manhattan. Many folks discard things for the slightest reason. It seems folks are too stupid to maintain things, let alone fix anything. No more "fix it shops" either. I just unclogged a shop vac at school because nobody understood that the inner "Y" adapter clogs easily. I'm pleased that new vacs eliminated that sharp bend.
re: drinks in a plain paper bag: there are actually laws against exposed bottles.
I don't know where the OP lives, but many communities have laws about public consumption of liquor. NC, for instance, has such laws, and you see the same behavior (beer or liquor being drunk from the can/bottle within a paper bag) at any football game or fraternity party. It's not a homeless thing.
But you're right about LV
H, who grew up in Reno, and was shocked as a teenager to find out that other states would not sell liquor in the 7-11, next to the slot machines. Thank goodness these other states were at least brave enough to continue with prostitution....