Shop Flooring

New shop is about to be built, any suggestions on what type of wood flooring to put over the cement floor. Thank you for any advice given.
I put down a plastic vapor barrier then "shot down" 1x4 and 1x3 grid, filled the open area with 3/4" styrofoam blocks and covered the whole thing with 2 layers of 5/8" exterior plywood staggering the second layer so no joints over joints. It's been great and did not take too much from the room height.
BRuce
Harvey wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Since you raised the top level of the floor approximately 2 inches how did you deal with the increased height of the door sill on exterior doors? Brian
<BRuce> wrote in message

door was set on top of bottom plate of wall and I had them leave sill off. After floor was installed, I needed about 3/8" to make the sill level so used a piece of plywood to fill under the sill. There is a slight step up from the outside but none inside.
The sliding door from the shop to the garage I ramped the floor down inside the shop to the level of the concrete. that way I can wheel stuff in and out. started about a foot inside the shop and it is in an area that I don't walk much so there is no trip point. not much of a slope 2" over 1'.
BRuce
Brian wrote:

Thanks for the reply BRuce. Brian
<BRuce> wrote in message

In the shop design I had drawn up, the door frames are mounted higher in the walls so the thresholds will be even with the raised floor.
I'm trying to decide if I actually want to spend the money right now on my shop building.
Brian Elfert

this group I unearthed a product called 'Subflor', made in Canada. It consists of 2' x 2' squares of T & G oriented strand board with a dimpled, heavy plastic bonded to the bottom. The dimpled plastic provides for air circulation beneath the floor, and water runoff as necessary. As installed, it is a floating system needing no fastening to the floor. The 'finished' floor thickness is 7/8" and is very comfortable to stand on. My equipment doesn't bother the floor as far as weight is concerned. You can get more information at www.subflor.com. I am not connected with this company except as a happy customer.
Tin Woodsmn