Segmented belt

Yesterday, I bought a segmented belt for my Powermatic Artisan saw. WOW, does that make a difference. Gone is the rattle and vibration that I have cursed about since I bought the thing. Definitely a good purchase. Thanks to all who have suggested this in the past. If anyone would like a 4 inch piece of belt let me know. Dave
I've added segmented belts to my Unisaw, jointer and drillpress and I have about 3" left over. Now if you send me your 4" and if I can get others to send me the pieces that they have left I may be able to get enough to change the belt on my band saw.
Ted

Ted, was it difficult at all to put the new belts on the Unisaw? I have a stock Uni, but wonder how much of a difference the better belts make??? And I also have a Delta drillpress, is there a difference also? TIA                             Mark
Bigpole wrote:

Mark, It didn't make to much of a difference in the Unisaw. I don't recall any problems when I changed them. It make a difference in the drillpress. It smoothed it out. Same for the jointer. Ted

Then count me in. I've got about 4 feet I'll send you. I put mine on a week ago and I haven't seen a lick of improvement! :-( I had to change pulleys and all. I was running a flat belt. I'm seriously considering putting it back on. The only major difference I can see is the saw stops a little quicker.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
I've got about a foot left over from my belt replacement on an old home build (heavy duty) bench grinder (two grinding wheels and a 1/2" chuck). Seems to run smoother and quieter with NO belt slippage.

Thanks
And oh yeah! Pay attention to the direction of the arrows on the belt... it makes a difference.

WOW,
have
inch
I wanted to reduce the vibration in a cvouple of drill presses. Anyone ever see a sourve of 1/4 inch link belts?
--
Bob from Shalimar, Florida