Sawdust

Page 2 of 2

That only works if you use PVC for dust collection...
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:01:40 +0000, Puckdropper wrote:

Before the innovation of ground foam, dyed sawdust was used to mimic grass and weeds for model railroads and dioramas.

✖

I had forgotten about that. You'd need a sifter, but it would probably be a good use for it. At one time, I thought about using sawdust to represent corn loads, but they don't ship corn very far in open hoppers.
Puckdropper
✖
On Sep 15, 4:01 am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

How about putting it in your car/truck? From the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - "Production of Gasoline and Diesel from Biomass via Fast Pyrolysis, Hydrotreating and Hydrocracking: A Design Case" http://www.pnl.gov/main/publications/external/technical_reports/PNNL-18284.pdf The "biomass" in the report is wood (poplar) chips.
Add pictures here
✖
On 15 Sep 2009 09:01:40 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:>While cleaning up the shop today, I had a bunch of time to think.

When I get enough sawdust I make a heap in the backyard where it sits for a year, turns gray and reduces in volume. Then I use to mulch my blueberries.
Add pictures here
✖
"Puckdropper" <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote >

At http://tinyurl.com/bwlxby there's a compilation I made several years ago of contributions to a thread on this topic.
Happy sweeping!
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Nice compilation! I especially like the 'take your sawdust for a drive in your pickup' one.
Add pictures here
✖