ryobi porter cable router ?

has anyone adapted a ryobi plunge router (r500) to the porter cable router table?
tia peter

Having owned a Ryobi router in the past, I have to wonder why anyone would want to do that. I was very happy to give mine away and move up to a quality tool.
I agree. But in response to the original poster, it's quite possible that you can adapt almost any standard router design from any manufacturer to the Porter Cable router table. Usually all that's necessary is to drill a different hole pattern for the mounting bolts in the router table. Use the plastic base off the Ryobi router as a template to mark the position of these holes and then drill and countersink them to match those that are in the Ryobi base plate. You may need to buy longer screws, but those that held the base plate on the router might be long enough.
--
Charley

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
charfley
ssuper thanks peter

How hard could it be since Ryobi bought Porter Cable? Lou
NOT TRUE! DeWalt bought Porter Cable and Delta.
--
Charley

"Lou" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Uh, I think it was Black and Decker that now owns Delta and Porter Cable.

DeWalt and Black & Decker are the same company.
--
Charley