ROS Recommendations

I am trying to decide between purchasing either the Bosch 3727devs and the Ridgid R2610 (which is the same as the Metabo sxe450) 6" random orbit sanders. Both have about the same price, very similar features and construction, and both have good reviews.
Anyone have experience with them both enough to form a preference? Or is there any defining feature or quality that makes one stand out?
Thanks, Kevin
    I haven't used the Bosch, but I just picked up the Ridgid R2610. It's a well built unit, but heavy too. The 5 inch Makita will still see plenty of use in my shop. I don't know about the Bosch, but the Ridgid has two orbital settings. The 1/4 inch setting really takes the material down, and the 1/8 leaves a nice clean finish. The dust collection works very well too. I have it hooked up to my shop vac and the pads stay very clean.
-Steve
SouthForkSam wrote:

--

BargainBirch.com
The Internet's lowest prices on Baltic Birch plywood
Stephen Henry wrote:

reasonably well balanced. The self contained dust collection is good, but some dust escapes. It really needs to be connected to a vacuum;, however, the Bosch hose is not great. If stepped on, it crushes readily.
If I had it to do over again, I would gulp and get the Festool. It is very low in vibration, very well balanced for single hand use (several hand positions), and the dust collection hose is very sturdy, much better than the Bosch. Very little dust escapes when connected to a vacuum.
Jim Artherholt

People here are going to get sick of my harping about ROS sanders...but here I go again. The Ridgid 2610 is the best for the money. The Festool Rotex simply the best. I have both. The Rotex is less fatiguing in the long haul. The availability for paper is better for the 6 x 6 Ridgid, but I use Abranet screens, so I don't care about that. I know nothing about the Bosch, but they usually don't miss much.