Romex cable stapler - pneumatic?

Page 1 of 2  
Anyone know of a good stapler for Romex? Those little nail-in thingies are tough on my thumbs... I'd prefer pneumatic, but price *is* an issue, so manual "staple gun" style might be ok if it actually works well. thanx MEW
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

http://www.cableorganizer.com/gardner-bender/staple-gun /
I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into any new construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my basement.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Doug Miller" wrote in message

http://www.cableorganizer.com/gardner-bender/staple-gun /
I bought one of these a few years ago. Works *great* driving staples into any new construction, not so great with the 55-year-old yellow pine joists in my basement.
The younger units always beat the older guys these days!
--
Eric


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Now,now....SYP is a softwood.
On 9/20/2012 7:00 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And balsa is a hardwood.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:26:30 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Only in the sense that it's deciduous.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And 55 year old Douglas Fir (we don't get SYP much up here) is a softwood only in the sense it's coniferous.
(I know that you know all this... <grin>)
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I would gladly give you all the SYP we have for a decent load of Douglas Fir.
On 9/26/2012 7:20 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/2012 9:55 AM, Pat Barber wrote:

+1
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

DF is all we have up here in the PNW. </brag> <g>
Freshly cut, it's as soft as pine. Dry, it's harder than oak. Import nails bend when they just _see_ aged doug fir. And it handles cold, rainy weather damnear as well as PT, cedar, or redwood. Amazing.
-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Vertical grain Douglas fir can make some nice looking furniture and carries a premium price hereabouts.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/12 1:26 PM, Swingman wrote:

I love doug fir and the local big boxes used to carry it, regularly. Very hard to find, anymore. I'll ignore the "harder than oak" comment and chalk it up to hyperbole. :-)
--

-MIKE-

"Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You'd be mistaken. Try working with 50 year old DF fourbatooz. You pretty much have to drill to be able to drive a nail.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/12 4:25 PM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

As hard as Oak?
--

-MIKE-

"Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Easily.
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/12 5:16 PM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

Doubt it. But I'm sure it's on the Janka hardness scale if you say so. :-)
--

-MIKE-

"Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Pedant...
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/12 6:19 PM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

You may want to google the word, "hyperbole."
--

-MIKE-

"Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No need. And I never referred to Janka hardness. <g>
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 9/26/12 7:52 PM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

I'm not the one who insisted DF gets as hard as oak. In fact, I specifically let it alone because I knew it was hyperbole, speaking figuratively. That was fine with me.
But then some other guy insisted it was, actually. And I call bullshit.
--

-MIKE-

"Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.