robots

Page 1 of 2

.A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot bartender.

Gooden

Hey, great! I got one:
The President climbed out of his helicopter in front of the White House carrying a baby pig under each arm.
The Marine guard snapped to attention, saluted, and said: "Nice pigs, sir."
The President replied: "Marine, these are not pigs, these are authentic Texas Razorback Hogs. I got one for Vice President Cheney and I got another for Karl Rove."
The Marine again snapped to attention, saluted, and replied, "Nice trade, sir!"

What does this have to do with woodworking?

Absolutely nothing, and whats your contribution to the group Frank ?

My contribution on this message is to try to keep the group focused on woodworking. It has been my observation that when newsgroups get cluttered with OT posts key contributors go away, and I don't want them to go away.
When you post something like the above there is a good chance that a Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative about our current President, next we get a response to the responce.
There are plenty of groups dedicated to political discussions/jokes. Why not post your message there?
Frank Drackman (in 17edndUtedJe_tzZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com) said:
| My contribution on this message is to try to keep the group focused | on woodworking. It has been my observation that when newsgroups | get cluttered with OT posts key contributors go away, and I don't | want them to go away.
That does, indeed, sometimes happen. Mike has been one of the key contributors that you're not wanting to go away...
| When you post something like the above there is a good chance that a | Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative | about our current President, next we get a response to the responce.
Well, there is that ... and it /does/ seem unlikely that anyone will jump in to say something _positive_ about any of the current staff of the executive branch. ;-)
At the moment, tho, it would appear that the majority of posts in this thread consists of your posts and the responses to your posts discussing topicality...
| There are plenty of groups dedicated to political | discussions/jokes. Why not post your message there?
Hmm. I would suggest that perhaps you're linking politics and humor more closely than need be...
Mr. Drackman wrote:snip<When you post something like the above there is a good chance that a Democratic will feel the need to respond and say something negative about our current President, next we get a response to the responce>snip
I don't think we need a "Democratic" for that to happen. Tom
No need for that. I'm a republican and I have plenty of bad things to say about Bush.

CW wrote:

Thank you for saying that. Gives me hope that everybody isn't just rooting for a "team".
The blue, the green, the red, and the white--some times I feel we're reliving the lives and times of the romans, and it's enough that we have bread and games to distract us from what they're doing to us.
er
--
email not valid

amen

cluttered
First day on usenet, Frank?
B.

Good luck, Frank.
Wasted effort, me lad.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere Frank!
And if it makes you feel any better, the 'bar' is made of wood.
Perhaps the robots questions were a little wooden too? hmmm.... a robot? maybe the conversations were a little tinny? heck!, ... I'd better cross post to rec.metalworking! ;-))
John -- Remove 'spamfree' to reply
Frank Drackman wrote:
> What does this have to do with woodworking?
Take your meds and go back to sleep.
Lew

It was a mahogany bar.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

And the drink was an almond daiquiri. {do I need to explain?}

If the drink was a martini the olive would of been impaled on a pointy stick. Would you like plans for that? :-)

Plans for the martini or the pointy stick?