Ridgid R4330 planer

Reviews of the Ridgid R4330 planer seem to be almost universally positive. However, I see mention of an old model and a new one. Can anyone say what the differences are. Tks.

Reply to
Jimbo

Several but most notably (IMHO) is 2 blade (old) vs. 3 blade (new). I have the newer version and am very happy with it.

Daryl

Reply to
Daryl

Thanks, Daryl. I went down to my local HD yesterday and spoke to a guy there about the different models. Not alone did he not have a clue about the differences, he didn't even know the current model has 3 blades and, I suspect, didn't even know what that meant - other than thinking more must always be better :) Anyway, I went ahead and bought it for CAD299 (reduced from 499) with no interest or payments for 6 months on my HD card.

Now I need to buy some lumber and get to planing.

Reply to
Jimbo