retrofit nimh with nicads - posted a while back

Howdy; I seem to recall that a while back on the group, someone was dissatisfied with the cold weather performance of nimh celled cordless drill to the point of retrofitting the pack with nicad cells. How'd that work out?? Thanks Pat

Reply to
patrick

I was certainly one of them. Both batteries have their drawbacks, but I will still take the NiCads. I found one battery online at a great price in NiCad that fit my Makita, but had another built with some much higher than normal mh batteries. They are both great and have taken a lot of cold weather work as I acquired both of them about a year ago.

I must say though, that I prefer my 12V mini drills to have the LiIon batteries. They last well, but for installing hinges and hardware, you can run them down during the day. It doesn't hurt them a bit just keep rotating them out in the charger.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

i bought the same set when you did after seeing your recommendation. i've had both battery packs fail since then. both were replaced under the forever rigid warrantee, but it's a pain to go down to the only place in town that will do so. you can't do it via mail.

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
chaniarts