Repairing wood shingles on the house (pressure washer damage)

I was pressure washing the old paint off my house and from a distance it noticed all the paint was coming off quite nicely in one area. After I was done and upon further inspection, I noticd I managed the gouge the wood in several areas with a zig zag pattern. The damage is about 1/4" in depth and it's too deep to sand. What can I use to repair the damage without replacing the wood? Can I use a wood filler? Please reply with suggestions. Thank you!

Linda

Reply to
Snow Bunny!

I'd prime the shingles to get a good bond and then fill the damaged areas with MH Patch--an exterior wood filler. Then sand as needed, prime the patches, then paint. Alternatively, if the shingles are textured like shakes, I'd use a whisk broom to texture the patch before it's fully set up, then prime and paint. You may need two applications of patch in the real deep wounds...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin