Repairing Spindles on old Rocking Chair

I have an old rocking chair with one rocker broken off at the point where the upright spindles meet. The spindles fit into a hole in the rocker. Where can I find the procedure for making this repair? I recall an article (didn't need the info at the time) somewhere that instructed the repair using a dowel but I can't get the idea straight in my head in order to make the repair. I can't afford to make a mistake with this old piece.

Jim Pettway

Reply to
Jim Pettway

nospambob