removing pulley

I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft and housing, and several other things. Can't get enough clearance to get a good grip on it. Maybe removing the top is the next step - but then I'd have to get it aligned - correctly. TIA

Well, there's always the ritual spritzing of the assembly with a solvent, a gentle percussive event, and then heat. HTH. Or maybe first check your thread direction...Tom

Does it have right hand theads or left hand threads?
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:45:08 -0700 (PDT), the infamous tom

Well done, sir. <bseg>
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Thank you, sir. Maybe I should have asked about setscrews? Tom