Refinishing veneered table top.

Reply to
nospambob

Greetings, I have a walnut veneered coffee table with an mdf base. My daughter was doing her nails on a paper on this table. She spilled the polish remover. The clear coat is very hard, I am guessing a catalyzed lacquer (satin finish) How do I get through this clear finish and fix this problem? The spill is approx. 2" in diameter and my daughter made the job even harder by digging at the area and put marks in the mdf. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Regards, Ken

Reply to
Ken Lamb

Spot fixing is a profession unto itself. The marks in the MDF suggest that she has gouged out some of the veneer. I think you're talking shellac stick work which is typically beyond the hobbyist. You might be able to get away with filling any gouges with liquid shellac and then building up the repair with various acrylic colors, and finally topcoating with a spray.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron

Reply to