reading Vernier scales

OK, it's been a long time, and those college years are a blur (....3... ok, maybe 4...... acres, tops, I swear...).

Anyway, I remember learning to read Vernier scale (like on a caliper), but the readings I'm making lately don't jive with what I know to be true, based on a good scale (Incra rule).

Anybody know of a good set of instructions on reading a Vernier scale caliper? (website, otherwise?)

Again, thanks a heap.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

See:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Perfect, thanks guys.

-JBB

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Actually thanks for podsting your question. I never knew, or thought to ask, how to read one.

Reply to
Rick