reading Vernier scales

OK, it's been a long time, and those college years are a blur (....3... ok, maybe 4...... acres, tops, I swear...).
Anyway, I remember learning to read Vernier scale (like on a caliper), but the readings I'm making lately don't jive with what I know to be true, based on a good scale (Incra rule).
Anybody know of a good set of instructions on reading a Vernier scale caliper? (website, otherwise?)
Again, thanks a heap.
-JBB
"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote:

See: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=reading+a+Vernier+scale+caliper&btnG=Google+Search