Re: What is it? XLII

#231 is a small phone dial, probably meant to be used with a stylus. It could be from the type of phone that linemen wore on their belts in the dial phone dim past. #234 is for breaking ice cubes. Hold the cube in the palm of one hand, and make the weight vibrate against it. I have one--it works. Brand name is "Tap Icer."
232 quartz or beach class.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Neither of these.

Both of these are correct, though I haven't tried the ice cracker yet.

Correct

Correct, it's also called a TV stone, if you hold it up to your eye you can't see through it (you can't see across the room, just a blur of light), an image can be seen through it only when it's placed directly on something. With it's fibrous crystal growth, it's like naturally occurring fiber optics, as you can see in the photos the image is transmitted straight up from the bottom. If you put it on a dollar or a printed page and move it around, the way the image looks in relation to the real printing is very unusual. I get really great reactions with this one, it's one of my favorite things to show people.
230 is an apple corer, I think :)

230 isn't an apple corer, it's not something that is used in the home.

It's not any of these.

Correct
Yes, it's for hitting something, but it's much too small for cows.

Both of these are correct.

Nope, it's made of leather

No, it's a specific type of wrench.

Correct.