Re: Table saws at Lowes

I was just examining a Ridgid table saw -- also in the ~$500 range, at Home Depot, and was quite impressed with it. Along with the ones you mention, it's one I'll be considering when I replace my marginal Ryobi BT-3000 next month. You might want to check it out, look into reviews, etc.

Joe

I'm looking for a large table saw. Lowes has a Hitachi (CFL10) and a Delta > (not sure of number) brand. Both are $500. The Delta gives you a choise of > three fences that have to be purchased separately, making the Delta more > expensive. > > I'm leaning towards the Delta. The fence goes out to 30", all plates of > the table are cast iron and the design is more conventional with the motor > in the rear. > > Anyone familiar with these? Please give me some feedback. > Thanks >
Reply to
Joe Befumo

Cruise over to HD and check out the Ridgid as well.

Reply to
Locutus

I have the C10FL and like it. The fence is o.k., has a slot in the top and holes drilled thru the sides. I have the Forrest Woodworker saw blade on it and can cut oak with no bog down. It also has a 15 amp motor, 120 or 240 volts, like the Delta. Only thing is stuf like zero clearance plates are not available for it. Anyone know how come both motors are 15 amp but Delta is 1.5hp and Hitachi is 3hp? I'm not good at that stuff.

Reply to
Jimmy

Does that saw have an induction motor or a Universal motor?

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Dorsey

It says induction.

Jimmy

Not really. They're both subject to marketing hype.

The same condition gives a much higher amperage, too.

Seriously, the amp ratings get as wildly exaggerated as the HP ratings. In fact, in the scenario you suggest, they are deriving the HP rating from the amperage draw at locked rotor condition.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

Reply to
Phisherman

They lie.

Reply to
CW

Sure, they pay UL to lie.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
tuffruss

Any opinions on the Ridgid table saw that Home Depot carries? I gave it a perfunctory look the last time I was there and it seemed like a pretty good value. I particularly liked the fact that it could be set up to run 110/220.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Befumo

Wood magazine gave the Ridgid top marks and recommended saw. I bought it on that advice and have been very happy with it. I love the hercule lift system and think it is a well built saw. Given a choice of buying one again, I wouldn't hesitate. The only difference in choice I would make is if I wanted to jump up to a cabinet saw, but that doubles the price or more. Otherwise, an outstanding saw.

- Clayt>Any opinions on the Ridgid table saw that Home Depot carries? I gave it a

Reply to
Malathan

At $549 its not bad.

and I paid $350 for a used unisaw. I guess if I saved my pennies I could have gotten the more expensive contractor's saw with less power to boot. But I just couldn't wait.

Reply to
A.M. Wood