Re: Ryobi AP1300 comments

of pieces of equipment that usually get mishandled by some idiots who should not be allowed to hold tools (NOT talking about you) and played with by every kid whose parents never taught them to behave while shopping. In the real world, I own one of these machines and after using the Dewalt 733 and the AP1300, I went with the AP1300 and have never looked back. Under actual use the depth stops work very well. You just lower the head until it gets firm and you stop. If you crank harder, it doesn't go any lower, just firms against the stop. The first time I used the stops, I wondered how hard I should crank, and tested the system and measured with calipers to check.
One magazine gave it not so great marks, but I suspect that after reading their further comments about the test unit, that it was damaged in shipping, They said that the cutter head lock was damaged when opened. No other review has had this kind of review of this unit. Most have been very kind to it. I find that when the tables are set, and you pay attention to your work, that snipe isvery limited. I tend to take small cuts as I get close to thickness, so snipe is even less a facter.
Sorry you were put off to a nice machine. There is still a lot of Ryobi products that I don't have a lot if faith in, but this is not one.
Dig
Sorry you wer put off to a good machine
Considering its price is probably cheaper than all its competition, it is probably not going to be of the best quality. I personally own a 15 year old Ryobi AP-10 that cost me more in 1988 than the new AP1300 does now.