Re: OT Government SEC workers

Don't take your eye off the ball. To puyt things in perspective - this one person might have ripped us off for - oh let's say $100,000 in salary and benefits. Now look at just ONE guy at GS - who ripped off clients for tens of billions of dollars by selling them junk and assuring them it was a a great investment - THEN - took out an "insurance policy" - betting that the "investment product" he just sold would "go south" so he - and GS - could make MO' MONEY. To add insult to injury the SOB brags to one of his girlfriends that he sold SH*T to widows and orphans - for a healthy profit.

The SEC guy is a petty thief. Some of GS folks are major thieves - who steal from widows and orphans.

Don't take your eye off the ball - and this SEC thing is merely a distraction - to get you to take your eye off the REAL ball.

Reply to
charlie b

Class Envy is so lowbrow.

All you are watching on TV as regards to GS is Political Kabuki. A cute little show that the politicians know has no traction but they think will make them appear stern and leaderlike. Nothing described in testimony so far reaches the level of bad manners, let alone unethical, or illegal. GS was managing risk and did so properly by all evidence thus far. That won't stop you "I hate the Rich/Bankers/Those People" crowd from going on and on about it.

If you're looking for unprincipled behavior, examine Frank, Dodd, and the rest of the Obamunists.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

yawn

Reply to
Robatoy

Exactly my sentiments as to the proceedings in questions. Much ado about absolutely nothing.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

As always, Tim ... a paragon of objectivity.

:rolleyes:

Reply to
Neil Brooks

Count up the petty thief's that once worked for GS now working for the Obama Administration

Reply to
Evodawg

agreed, dog and pony show once again!!!! I'd like to question Dodd and Frank on National TV

Reply to
Evodawg