RE: O/T: Change

Time has certainly brought change.
When I first started building the boat, T-Shirts at the T-Shirt store were 5 for $10.
Today, those same T-Shirts are 2 for $9.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The "Menards" shirts, available in at least a half dozen styles are 6.99, and free after in-store rebate. Good quality too. I have more than several. You may have to get one on your travels, Lew.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

$50 per week. But my rent for a furnished apartment was only $50 per month. I was doing ok.
--
 GW Ross

 If the universe is expanding, why
On 10/26/2014 7:24 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Got married in 1966 making less than $100 a week. Bought house a few months before the wedding. Mortgage, taxes, insurance came to $84. Raised two kids had two cars and only one income.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Yeah, back in the late 60's I was buying three-packs of blue chambray shirts at Sears for $3.75, if my memory serves. A single blue chambray shirt today goes for at least $36. Of course they're way better shirts than the cheapies I was buying then, but still...
Tom
On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:43:55 -0700, "tdacon"

In 1970, started work at $1.50/hr. I pay about the equivalent of about 1/2 hour for a shirt, now.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

"tdacon" wrote:

My starting point was 1992.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

corrected. ;>)
--
 GW Ross

 A good memory does not equal pale ink.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"tdacon" wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"G. Ross" wrote:

Touc'he
Lew
On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:43:55 -0700, tdacon wrote:

And a cheap pack of cigarettes (Marvels or Avalon) in the early '50s was 12 cents :-). The good ones cost 20 cents.
My first full time job ('56) paid $47 a week. I was making more than that an hour when I retired and I was still broke :-).
Larry Blanchard wrote:

home in Nebraska my first job keeping books for a propane company was $45.00 per week,no insurance and I was married and had 1 child and paid 45.00 a month rent. Still married to the same sweetheart [only girl I ever dated]-I have three children now, a retired Col. in the Air Force, a retired Maj. in the Army and a retired Dental Hygienist. Quit smoking in 1965 and was paying .20 cents a pack for Winston.