Re: More shop light madness

Do you still have any of these ballasts for sale

Joe Wells Wrote:

One or two of you may remember that I was bitching about the lack of a > decent T8 shop light. I gave up and just made my own. > > Bought 10 of the Simkar WLD-4 shop lights ($20 each). These are the > "mid-grade" shop lights at blue borg, but frankly still crap. But the > shell is OK, and really all I needed. Found an inexpensive source > (goodmart.com) for a solid T8 ballast (Sylvania QT2X32/120IS-SC) for > $13 > per. Ordered up a box of 10 along with a box of 30 Sylvania > FO32/835/XP/ECO lamps ($2.69 per). > > Dropped in the new ballasts and fired it up. It's just beautiful. > Instant-on, very bright and the lamps are CRI 82 and 3500K, so they're > reasonably close to incandescents. I am in shop light nirvana for > under > $35 each. > > This also means that I have a pile of T12 ballasts that are of no use > to > me. I haven't converted two of the fixtures while I use up the last of > my > T12 lamps, so I have 8 Advance Transformer HB-234-TP magnetic ballasts > laying around. Honestly the power and ballast factors both suck, but > they're free to anyone willing to pay shipping. Or if you're in the > St. > Louis area, I'll deliver them. Hate to see them just go into the > trash, > they're brand new. E-mail me if interested. > > -- > Joe Wells
Reply to
speedysi