Re: More Reaction to CPSIA

Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:29 AM To: Margolies, Philip Subject: Clarification needed
Our Chamber of Commerce is planning a craft fair this spring. How will this affect us? Are we expected to police our vendors? What is our liability in this respect?
Quilters tell us that baby quilts sell best. I assume they will be forbidden, but do not know. What about regular quilts?
Due to this legislation, we will very likely cancel the event. As a taxpayer, I can hardly wait to pay for the incarceration of the vast number of grandmothers and others for violating this act. What plans do you have for informing them and the independent toymakers, woodworkers who may make a few toys, knitters, and others? I live in a rural area where access to information is greatly impaired.
A local quilters' group makes quilts and donates them for fundraising. Who will be responsible for compliance, the quilters or the recipients?
Thank you. Martha Yanchyshyn *****!!! Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail (and any attachments) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Copies of product recall and product safety information can be sent to you automatically via Internet e-mail, as they are released by CPSC. To subscribe or unsubscribe to this service go to the following web page: *****!!!