Re: Is Freud dado set worth 50% more?

Depends on what you will use the dados for. If you want the cuts with little chio out and a reasonably square surface, then yes you are being a cheapskate.
Spend even more and get the Forrest, far superior to Freud's. No chipout. Square bottoms.
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:55:31 -0400, "G.E.R.R.Y."

No, Milbro is pretty good stuff.
(well, it always used to be - bets are off if it's now made in China)
-- Smert' spamionam
I own the Forrest set and couldn't agree more!!! Buy the Forrest (it is about 2x the price of the cheap set you found, but you'll save it on dados done right the first time).

DarylRos wrote:

I don't get any chipout with my Freud SD508 and the bottoms are also square. While I love my WWII I don't see any need to jump up to the Forrest dado.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.