Re: Help, Porter Cable Router combo fixed/plunge sticky

Both the motor body and the housing it goes into need to be smooth. You might try lightly filing the high rough spots. You might try wax or TopCote to make things slide easier. I would avoid any wet lubricants as they may eventually make their way to the wood. Absolutely do not use a silicone based lube.

When mine was sticking, I cleaned up the contacting surfaces with 400 grit, then applied a coat of wax. Yours may take a little more cleaning up.
Preston