Re drilling deep 34 holes

Right after posting this message, I discovered Forstner bit extensions. They are expensive ($29 each). Does anyone have any experience with these? I am little skeptical of the two allen screws used to hold the Forstner bit in place in the extension.
Bob
Go to your HD or Lowes and buy a 3/4 auger bit. You should be able to buy a chiwanese made one for cheap. They have many lengths. Also a spade bit should be long enough to do the job. Start the hole with your 3/4 forstner to keep the hole clean looking if you like.
Scot