Re: breadboard ends

scrawled the following:

I'd go with 3'6", Joe. <gd&wvvf>
On 10/30/2009 08:25 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

You're a bad, bad man.
Chris
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:01:34 -0600, the infamous Chris Friesen

What, you don't like literalists, Chris? ;)
--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight

A good default ratio is the golden mean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio
--
Nonny

Have you ever wondered if the bills

I know about the golden mean. can you elaborate on the calculation you'd use to get to the width of the breadboard end with this method? I guess I'm not seeting how you'd apply it.
thanks
jc

Joe, I was of the opinion you had the width worked out and the overall length, less the ends was known as well. If I was doing it, I'd take the width, multiply by 1.6 or 1.7, then subtract the existing length and divide by 2.
--
Nonny

Have you ever wondered if the bills

Oh, ok. I get where you were going. I'll post pics to abpw when it's finished.
Thanks.

Hi Joe, I made a few cutting/butcher boards, using left over Maple, Jarrah and Mahagony lumbers. You may want to take a look. I am going to take some picture and post it within an hour.
DW
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:59:35 -0700, the infamous "Nonny"

Not in this case, Nonny. 5/8 (roughly) of 3'6" is 26-1/4" which is way too deep for a breadboard end. 2-1/2 to 3-1/2" would be my guess, but I'd check that physically before working the pieces too far.
--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight