Re: Blast Gate Actuators

Had this in the back of my mind, when the blast gate is opened, a window type burglar alarm sensor opens or closes, (haven't thought that far yet) a circut to a relay to start the DC. Window sensors are a few bucks each, relay 25/30$ Close the blast gate, DC shuts down.
Tom,
I installed the low voltage system in my shop some time ago and am very happy with it. I thought Robert Reed was going to do an article on a blast gate opening system and had e-mail correspondence with Woodwork magazine about this. I too think the ecogate system is out of reach for me with 6" blast gates. They posted my e-mail in the letters section to see if there was enough interest in this subject. If there was they thought they might approach Mr. Reed and see if he could design such a system. Maybe if you and others contact the magazine we can get something like this done.