Re: ADVIICE NEEDED FOR DOVETAILING JIG

Thanks for the shortcut. I've heard others talking about the video but no one knew where to get it and I wasn't able to find it. Thanks again. Jim

A lesser man would be concerned by the possible attempt at identity theft. I'll just chalk it up to bizzare conincidence.
You might try learning to cut the DT by hand. Unless your doing a large number, hand cutting is quicker, easier and cheaper. (There are some cheap aids available for this. See LeeValley.com for more info.)
Myx

Jeeeeez. A random sequence generator turned out two of you that close? Impressive.     j4
Myxylplyk wrote:

[snip]

theft.
The new guy might be random generated, but I'd be willing to bet "Myxylplyk" is not.
Digger
"Digger" <DW> wrote in message

Yeah, isn't that Superman's name on Krypton?
-Chris

IIRC, Myx... was Superman's nemesis in Bizarro world. cut me some slack on the spelling, folks! and in the comics, Mr. Myx... was spelled a bit diffently then Myx... here.
dave
Chris wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:05:22 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@news2.bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:
<snip>

Superman once had an opponent from a different dimension whose name was very similar to this Myxylplyk, but longer. This being caused a lot of grief and mischief, and the only way to get rid of him was to somehow trick him into pronouncing his name backwards. Supe always found a way, after a time :-)
let's see - Kylplyxym - egad, easier to pronounce!
*poof*
Myx? Where are you?
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org
I got a Sears "plastic" dovetail jig about 10 years ago. Use it occasionally for drawers and boxes. I find it to be quite acceptable if you work slowly and carefully. I believe the more expensive ones have larger work surfaces to support the router and might be a good investment if you use it a lot.
Plastic does not seem to be a problem. There isn't much pressure on the fingers.
One thing to watch out with Sears is they do not usually correspond to standards of most of the woodworking companies. The bushing supplied with the Sears kit may not fit your router base if it isn't a Craftsman. (I have an old Craftsman and a PC 690) Keep the Craftsman for handheld with1/4" bits and have the PC mounted in a table. Small Craftsman routers are very inexpensive, even less when on sale.