Re: ADVIICE NEEDED FOR DOVETAILING JIG

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:42:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com > pixelated: >

> >Hi guys....I need advice on what is the best jig for a practical price > >out there. I don't want to buy one of those 29.95 pieces of junk off > >ebay nor do I want to spend 400.00 on a expensive one either. I saw > >one at sears (a 16" professional model...ha) for 199.00 but frankly I > >can't see paying 200.00 for plastic! any advice with links or names > >and model numbers or a ny info you can provide would be > >appreciated......THANK YOU!! > > Here ya go, Twinkletoes. Owned by a Wrecker who lives in NY. >
Jewelcome. > > - > - Let Exxon send their own troops - > ------------------------------------------------------- >
Comprehensive Website Programming
Reply to
Jim

A lesser man would be concerned by the possible attempt at identity theft. I'll just chalk it up to bizzare conincidence.

You might try learning to cut the DT by hand. Unless your doing a large number, hand cutting is quicker, easier and cheaper. (There are some cheap aids available for this. See LeeValley.com for more info.)

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

[snip]
Reply to
jo4hn

The new guy might be random generated, but I'd be willing to bet "Myxylplyk" is not.

Digger

Reply to
Digger

I got a Sears "plastic" dovetail jig about 10 years ago. Use it occasionally for drawers and boxes. I find it to be quite acceptable if you work slowly and carefully. I believe the more expensive ones have larger work surfaces to support the router and might be a good investment if you use it a lot.

Plastic does not seem to be a problem. There isn't much pressure on the fingers.

One thing to watch out with Sears is they do not usually correspond to standards of most of the woodworking companies. The bushing supplied with the Sears kit may not fit your router base if it isn't a Craftsman. (I have an old Craftsman and a PC 690) Keep the Craftsman for handheld with1/4" bits and have the PC mounted in a table. Small Craftsman routers are very inexpensive, even less when on sale.

Reply to
Dustmaker

Yeah, isn't that Superman's name on Krypton?

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

IIRC, Myx... was Superman's nemesis in Bizarro world. cut me some slack on the spelling, folks! and in the comics, Mr. Myx... was spelled a bit diffently then Myx... here.

dave

Chris wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Superman once had an opponent from a different dimension whose name was very similar to this Myxylplyk, but longer. This being caused a lot of grief and mischief, and the only way to get rid of him was to somehow trick him into pronouncing his name backwards. Supe always found a way, after a time :-)

let's see - Kylplyxym - egad, easier to pronounce!

*poof*

Myx? Where are you?

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com http:// snipped-for-privacy@breck.org

Reply to