Re 6 vs 8 jointer

I bleed red (white and blue) except for the purchase of my 8" Grizz jointer. No decision for my woodworking style regarding 6" vs 8", the real question being 8" vs 10"+. If I had had the time I would have purchased a used 10"+ American jointer but the customer had a timeline so, therefor, did I. Be American buy North American (nod to Veritas and General) LOL (really i love them)
Scot
srazor states:

Not always possible. Maybe not often possible. Even one of General's lines is made overseas.
Charlie Self "A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." H. L. Mencken
I think we are all having trouble with the fact we live in a world marketplace. It appears that our eastern friends, who produce machine tools, are doing the same thing their Japanese neighbors did with cars 25 - 30 years ago. Providing quality at a reasonable price.
In the long run the Japanese car crisis benefitted our American products. Maybe the same will happen with tools. In any case, the off-shore Deltas, Jets and Grizzlys are providing some limited benefit in our retail market. But it ain't helping our fabrication/assembly labor folks.
Learn again!