Re: 1 phase input, 3 phase???

I didn't click on the link, but is this a wood lathe or drill press? Lots of them use a variable frequency drive (like a static phase converter) to drive 3PH motors from a 1PH line. Gives you a fine speed control.
GTO(John)

Per the Delta product manual referenced by Amazon, the lathe incorporates a high frequency inverter which changes the single phase power input from the mains to 3 phase required by the motor.
: I'm looking at : (Amazon.com product link shortened)61337596/b : r=1-1/ref=br_lf_hi_1//002-5478909-5772800?v=glance&s=hi&nU2836
: This machine is described as having a "2HP, (230V 1 Phase input) 3 phase : induction motor". Does that make any sense at all?
If you're considering this lathe, two recommendations:
a) consider others in its price range, especially the Nova DVR, the Nova 3000 with a really nice motor, and the Jet 1442.
b) take a close look at the motor. Delta doesn't use TEFC (totally enclosed, fan cooled) motors on some of its products, and TEFC is preferred (no dust building up inside the motor).
    -- Andy Barss