quick question about swing sets

I bought a pre assembled wooden playset from a neighbor. It seems to be redwood and only a year old. Is is not as dark as it was when they first bought it, it seems to be drying out. What is my best course of action in making this set last? Should I stain it again or should I just thompson seal it?
Searcher1
Don't waste your money on Thompsons' Water "Seal" based on posts from users.

A good oil-based stain, *designed* for redwood or cedar, is the ticket if you want to preserve the red look.