question on glueing veneer

Hi, I haven't done any project with veneer before and just about to start one. From reading this newsgroup, I think the easiest way is to use yellow glue and hot iron method. I have a couple question on this method:
1. Do you wait for the glue to completely hard dry before applying the iron or you can use the iron when the glue still sticky? 2. How long should the iron be pressed?
Thanks in advance.
tp

iron
Hey tp,
I'm not sure how much veneer your pressing, what the budget is, if you plan to lay more veneer in the future or what type of project you're working on, but check out Unibond 800 at http://www.vacupress.com/veneerglue.htm or West System Epoxy at http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page 016&category=1,110,42965&ccurr ency=1&SID Both products may seem pricey, but they're reliable, come with great tech support and documentation. Yellow glue has a few negatives when it comes to veneer work ; moisture/shrinkage and creep or springback.
Cheers and good luck,
aw