Question on dust masks again

I've been looking over the various N95 dust-filter face masks on the market. They sell everything from your standard "fit over nose and mouth" rubber band models with the bendable metal ridge to squeeze over your nose, to the "protect you from anything" dual cartridge respirator types.

Can anyone point me to a good source for masks? The type with the little ported vent in the front seems to be about right for my needs (basic wood work, sawing, drilling, etc.).

I even saw some "hospital style" types that are more like wrap-filters instead of having a molded shape.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

I don't know if it's considered a "good" source, but I get mine at HD in boxes of 20. I get the cheapies without the ports. The straps break before the material has deteriorated so I don't want to buy more expensive types unless they last a LOT longer than the ones I get (3M

8210-C contractor pack).

Dave

Reply to
David

I like Moldex better than 3M.

Check an industrial safety supplier.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lee Valley distributes a quality n95 mask. Comfortable even with glasses.

Mr Fixit eh

Just about any type with an external cartridge will be more comfortable and better than any paper one you can buy. You'll breath easier and not sweat because your breath is exhaled out of the mask with that type of system. You will tend to want to wear the mask as to "having to". "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
tdup2

I tend not to wear a dust mask. If I have a lot of sanding to do I use a downdraft table attached to a dust collector and/or a faceplate that has a filtered intake in the top back. It provides filtered air down past the operators face. Used initially for lathework.

For spraying finishes I use a very good cartidge filter facemask.

I find the disposable masks get to moist and cause me difficult breathing.

Reply to
marks542004