Question for owners of the Bosch 4410 Sliding Compound Miter Saw

I have recently completed a very nice miter saw stand for my 4410. I am working now on dust collection. As the stand is movable I can't just let the dust hit a wall and drop down into a bucket or something like I have seen others do. I have created a cardboard prototype which may work but before actually building it in something more permanent I'd like to see if anyone who reads this newsgroup has solved this problem for your saw and may have better ideas than I was able to come up with in cardboard and duct tape. Mine may work but it is huge to allow for the full in/out movement of the slider as well as 45 degree movement in either direction of the saw.

TIA

Dick Snyder

Reply to
Dick Snyder

Spreading saw dust is the nature of these type saws, On my Delta CMS I found that if I took the dust collection bag off and hooked up my shop vac at that point I could capture about 90% of the dust.

Reply to
Leon

I have an earlier Bosch SCMS I think it is the 3915. The detail mine shares with your model, and most SCMS models is that the manufacturer designed for dust removal for the dust which is carried upward.

Unfortunately the majority of dust generated by these saws is forward.

Recent models by Bosch and others now recognise this fact, and have dust collection in the post between the sliding bars and the table. This also has the benefit of the extraction connection being independant of the saw movement.

For the rest of us, we either need to have large dust collectors like you mention, or accept that the dust goes all over and need to do frequent clean-up (which is what I have accepted when I use the saw).

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

Exactly! My dust hits the post and goes all over the place. The minimal amount of dust that goes upwards goes into a bag. Even when I attach my dust collector to the port where the bag goes, it is useless. I guess I am doomed to have a dust collection system which looks like one of those trailers that are used to carry snowmobiles (if you are from the south, you won't get this comment but the main idea is that it is huge)

Reply to
Dick Snyder