Question about (lack of) heat in the basement workshop

Page 2 of 2
Hmmmm. That is worth exploring. I am going to look at inside use propane heaters and I will look at this too.
Thanks.

Dick Snyder wrote:

propane
Some words of caution: there is a concern of explosion of both fumes from glues (depending on the glue used) & vehicle fuels (if you garage a car in the adjacent space). If you engage in your hobby of wood working then air borne concentrations of saw dust can also cause an explosion in the presence of an exposed flame or high-heat source. Consequently you need a source of heat that does not come in direct contact with fumes or dust. These usually take the form of sealed combustion &/or direct vented heaters. All other heating sources, be they radiant or otherwise inexpensive, are potentially dangerous. http://allheaters.tripod.com has a selection of both sealed combustion & direct vented heaters operating with different fuels that would probably match a fuel that is available to you, like propane. Bob
I just ordered two of these heaters and will you know how they work in my shop..

Great - I will look forward to hearing from you. It is 5 degrees outside tonight and it is supposed to be even colder the next 48 hours.

Titlebond3 is good to 47F -- you got a couple more degrees before you wimp out ;-)
BTW, I just bought a KeroSun Double Clean 90 kerosene heater ($120) and have run a couple of gallons of clear kerosene through it. Except for a couple minutes when I turn it off, there is no smell at all.
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:26:26 -0500, Rob Mitchell