Project idea: cieling shelf for model train

Page 2 of 2
theres one in a ohio dairy queen, and used to be one in a hobby shop in our local mall, the hobby shop closed.....
the hobby shop one went thru the wall and ran across the front of the store
FLAWLESS trackage is critical, given service will be awkard at best

I believe there was (~ 8 1/2 yr ago) a restaurant near the Chicago train station where the EXCELLENT burgers etc were delivered by model train. I also believe it was urban renewed away, but I'm not sure of that.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

real character are replaced with big box industrial places with lame industrial food and cookie cutter fake antiques that need to spend a fortune on marketing telling us how good they are.

That depends one -which- "Chicago train station" you mean. There are the two biggies downtown, and oh, a couple hundred El and Metra stops. ;-)
If you mean the Des Plaines Metra station, the Choo Choo Restaurant is still around (since 1951!), the burgers are still excellent, and still delivered by train. http://www.thechoochoo.com
ObWW: The Owl Lumber Des Plaines store is a half mile from the Choo Choo. Lots of drool-worthy wood there.
I like it, I still have my old Lionel steam locomotive and all the accessories and your idea would solve my no space problem. Just have to figure out how to make it go out to the shop to fill a beer from a keg and deliver it to the hot tub. LOL
Mike M
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:58:51 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@ulvr.com wrote:

I'm building a patio this summer with a built-in bar fridge... I wonder how hard it would be to make a G-Scale deliver beers to the pool...
John