Powermatic PJ-882 outfeed height adjustment

I'm in the process of setting up my new PJ-882. I could barely move the outfeed table lever. I called CS and was advised that it probably was mucked up with cosmolene, and should flood it with WD-40. CS Rep said they would replace the tiny lever arm if I broke it. It didn't break, but gosh, it's stiff after half a can of WD-40.
This is a replacement for a Jet 6", and apparently I don't understand how to properly use the lever to set the outfeed table height. The Jet had a handwheel, and I could make very small incremental adjustments. The lever on this PJ-882 seems to me to be a step down from a handwheel.
So, who's got a PJ-882, and how did you adjust the outfeed height?
Second, did your aluminum box with the two little marks work for you? Playing with the setup, I could get the cutterhead to move a piece of oak hardwood flooring, but the knives simply slipped on the aluminum and would not move it.
Thanks for your help. This is the jointer:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)60055547/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8311983-9794320?ie=UTF8&s=hi
Jim Murphy wrote:

Did you loosen the outfeed stop screws? How about the outfeed setscrews?
Chris
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:40:25 -0400, Jim Murphy wrote:

Don't know about Powermatic, but my DJ-20 was delivered with the outfeed table set to proper height, and both of the limit screws turned in so that it would not move.
--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net