Possibly Off-Topic - Construction of A Powered Eight-Rat Treadmill

http://www.usi.edu/science/engineering/MISC/ratmill/8_rat_treadmill.htm
This is not my project. However, it is dedicated to those of you who somehow think I actually search out this stuff to post. So, tell me, how in the Seven Bouncing Hells could I ever come up with the idea to search out something like this?
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
Holy smoke!! What are you trying to say? Do you know this fellow or are you just fascinated by the concept?
Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 10:04pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com exclaims. Holy smoke!! What are you trying to say? Do you know this fellow or are you just fascinated by the concept?
Holy rat guano, Rat Man. No.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
JOAT wrote:>So, tell

Retribution? Tom Work at your leisure!
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net writes:

More's the question, did you look at all 10 weeks' pages?
Glenna
Glenna responds:

Eight was enough. But I wonder just how much that contract the builder got was for. Wow. Eight rats at a time, just a woofing away on their treadmills.
I sometimes wonder...
Charlie Self "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2, 2000
On Thursday 27 Jan 2005 9:34 am, Charlie Self scribbled:

They're just pulling habits out of rats.
--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email
Charlie Self wrote:

Week 10 didn't even have it complete. Methinks a couple Goodwill Nordic tracs hooked to a common drive motor with speed control would have been a lot faster and cheaper. But it was probably for a govt contract. Joe
Dang. I just bought my 7 rat treadmill. Got to keep up with the Joneses.
--
Jeff P.

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:19:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Training for the rat race? :-)
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3155.bay.webtv.net:

Most likely it would have been cheaper to buy one already made http://www.colinst.com/brief.php?idf
dusty wrote:

Yeahbut that was a three rat/six mouse treadmill, and the internet guy has spent the last 10 weeks working up an EIGHT-rat treadmill, which is, he claims, undiscovered country.
Wow, I can't believe I wasted several seconds of my life actually glancing at that stuff.

10 is not that many quinton used to make a rat treadmill for 10 rats I know I had to repair it because the rat runners wouldn't clean the rat S*** out of it. they also had one home made unit that would run 20 rats at a time but the belts where a real headache because if you got a little rat S*** under them the belt would start tracking off the rollers.
Guess that's for the rat olympics.
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:19:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Humm...I wonder if there is any correlation between commissioning th
construction of steel and aluminum 8 rat treadmills for medica research and the high cost of health care.
Here's a cheaper solution. Get some old shoe strings and make ra collars and rat leashes, then take the rats for a walk
-- makesawdust
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:19:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

It's just the way your brain functions, bro.. and we love it.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing