Porter Cable 690 router

Hi people,

I have a Porter Cable 690 which I just got. I noticed that as soon as my bit starts milling in the wood I see sparks through the top of the router where the fan is. It crackles a little as well when this happens. Is this normal? Regards. -Guy

Reply to
guylaro

I don't have experience with the 690 router, but when I saw similar sparks on my planer it was because the bushings needed to be replaced. In my case, one of them was cracked. Should be easy to check.

Lars

Reply to
Lars Stole

I'd be more concerned if you had a 690 that didn't do that.

Brushes on the armature.

All of my 690s (and several others) do that.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod