Pneumatic Nailer Problem

I have a Dewalt pneumatic nailer that is not working. When I depress the trigger all I get is a swish of compressed air from around the trigger. It acts as though there is a jam, but there is none.
Anyone know what the problem may be, and how to fix it.
The nailer is an angled finish nailer, model D51275. I have lost the manual, so do not know if it has any ways to resolve the problem.
Appreciate any help.
johnny bravo wrote:

Check your email. I've sent you the user's manual.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Nothing in the manual addressed my problem. Looks like I will need to take it in to have it looked at, unless you or anyone else has a suggestion.
wrote:> Nothing in the manual addressed my problem. Looks like I will need to

I would guess a blown O-ring. Take it in and have it resealed.

Very possible that it is an "O" ring. You can buy some o ring replacements at auto parts as well as plumbing parts stores.
Some of the guns have trigger units, which have plungers, seals, etc., all built into one unit. Some can be rebuilt, some cannot. Even the ones that cannot be rebuilt can easily be replaced. Most have a drift pin that is punched out, and the whole trigger assembly will come out of the gun for easy repair or replacement.
You can be close to completely positive that if the air coming out around the trigger, and the plunger will not engage inside the trigger (making it hiss when you shoot) you will be fine when you address the seal problem.
Robert

To all who have responded. Thank You. The manual shows an O-ring replacement kit, I'll pick one up tomorrow. -johnny bravo
johnny bravo wrote:

Johnny, With all due deference, it might be wise to disassemble the nose, trigger and piston assemblies before dropping money on ANY thing. I've repaired dozens of similar tools. It's not rocket science inside ... you'll see what's busted straight away. Order THAT part.
There is a nylon / plastic plunger underneath the top cap. Very often either it or the top cap is broken due to over pressure. There are usually two O rings on the piston.
You may also find that the hammer is, well, hammered. If it looks like dog food, it is. Pay CLOSE attention to the disassembly process ... sometimes things fit two ways but only work one.
While you are in there, take mineral spirits and give it a thorough cleaning and oil everything with air tool oil on the way out. Cheap insurance.
Bill
is worth (much) unless backed up with enough genuine information to make