Plywood from China

Page 7 of 7

afraid to take stuff back and just accepts the crap he getting. A few years ago I went to a craft show. Another vendor was selling a toy just like one I make at 1/3 the price of mine. One customer complained to me about my price and showed me the one she had just pruchased from the other vendor. It was already broken, mine has a 30 day warrenty on it, I showed her the difference in quality. She bought mine but didn't take the broken one back afraid to offend the other vendor. The key here is education and guts to refuse to accept inferior products. Untill that happens we will have a problem of getting more and more of lesser and lesser quality goods
spaco wrote:

Lot of times it's just the aggravation of having to load up the crap and drive the distance and lug it into the store and wait in line and get the fifth degree from the moron behind the register. All because a product can't be made right or the idiots making it don't give a shit.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
"evodawg" wrote:

That's why inspection before purchase is prudent.
Of course if this is a raw material purchase at Lowes or H/D, you already accet the fact you are buying garbage.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

There are a couple exceptions to this. I know of at least one person who buys S2S secondary wood there because he can pick through the whole stack and only take *perfect* boards.
Chris

Done that. I was in HD picking up something and needed some clear pine but didn't want to drive all the way to my wood supplier for a couple of boards. Went over to the wood racks and there was no clear pine being sold. But, I looked at some pine in the #3 pine stack and there were 2 eight foot boards without a single knot, no cupping, no warping. I picked them up and cashed out. Probably paid a little more than my wood supplier would charge, but I didn't have to burn gas nor take the time to get there.