planer problem

Page 2 of 2

Good to see you getting it working, George. Do the knives stay sharp after you fix the problem? I had a lot of problems with feeding when it was new but I know its those knives. I've made the mistake of storing my DeWalt planer on the garage floor and it collected a *lot* of rust within a short time. It was so bad that I couldn't move the cutting head, had to take it apart and restore it - what a rust magnet! That was my first and last DeWalt, I've gone to Harbor Freight (hey, it works for me), Bosch, Hitachi, Panasonic (drill), Skill (mag 77), Porter-Cable, Milwaukee and a few others since then. The 13" DeWalt planer looks like a pretty good one, much more solid than my 12.5".

Rust is any tools enemy, Here in AZ we don't get rust. When i lived in MD we could get rust overight on the table saw etc always had to keep them coated with something, I have tool steel all over the place and the only timeI have to deal with rust is when water hits the steel directly. As when it rains and the roof leaks. @#$%^*&^ Landord

George M. Kazaka wrote:

How difficult is it to shake scorpions out of a Dewalt 735? If you neglect to, do they stain the wood when the 735 does its thing?<g>

they move surprisingly fast, if given the urge to do so. just make sure you shake your shoes before putting them on.
regards, charlie cave creek, az http://glassartists.org/chaniarts
Landord

I've found that a large, bright blue plastic tarp, nailed to the roof and secured with ropes, is effective at embarrassing the neighbors into motivating the reluctant landlord. Especially if someone in the neighborhood is trying to sell their home. ;-)
Patriarch
Not A house this is a commercial warehouse, As well as the love of woodworking, I make sawdust for a living
Landord